MTN Enhanced Goody Bag

[ 37 ] December 16, 2013 |

MTN Enhanced Goody Bag is a successor to the popular MTN Goody Bag offerings that have now been discontinued. This proposition offers MTN Prepaid customers enticing goodies for calls, SMS and data at a competitive rate. It comes as an add-on bundle to prepaid plans like MTN Family and Friends, MTN Pulse and MTN PayGo.

There are two variants of MTN Enhanced Goody Bag, as follows:

1. MTN Enhanced Goody Bag (N750)
This variant costs N750 and is valid for up to 120 days. To subscribe to this bundle, ensure you have N750 or more in your main prepaid account. Then, send “GB750″ as a text message(SMS) to “131”. N750 will be deducted from your main prepaid account, N750 will be credited to your main Goody Bag account and a bonus N1200 credited to your bonus Goody Bag account. The bonus expires after 7 days and is valid for only MTN-to-MTN calls, MTN-to-MTN SMS and data. To check your bonus account balances, dial *559#. You can also check your bonus account balances by dialing *559*1#, *559*2# or *559*3#.

2. MTN Enhanced Goody Bag (N1000)
This variant costs N1000 and is valid for up to 120 days too. To subscribe to this bundle, ensure you have N1000 or more in your main prepaid account. Then, send “GB1000″ as a text message(SMS) to “131”. N1000 will be deducted from your main prepaid account, N1000 will be credited to your main Goody Bag account and a bonus N1600 credited to your bonus Goody Bag account. The bonus expires after 14 days and is valid for only MTN-to-MTN calls, MTN-to-MTN SMS and data. To check your bonus account balances, dial *559#. You can also check your bonus account balances by dialing *559*1#, *559*2# or *559*3#.

Common to the two variants of MTN Enhanced Goody Bag are:-

• Balances in the main Goody Bag account can be applied to data at 5k/Kb, calls to all GSM networks(MTN, GLO, Etisalat and Airtel), PTO(e.g. Visafone, Starcomms, etc) and fixed lines in Nigeria at a flat rate of 10k/sec(N6/min) and SMS at N4/SMS to GSM networks. The Balances in the main Goody Bag account, and by extension, the MTN Enhanced Goody Bags, are valid for 120 days from the date of subscription.
  • Funds in the bonus Goody Bag account can be applied to calls and SMS to MTN Nigeria numbers only at 40k/sec(N24/min) and N4/SMS, respectively and data at 5k/Kb.

Some other points to note are:-

1. You can only purchase one Enhanced Goody Bag at a time.
  2. Once you exhaust your main Goody Bag and bonus Goody Bag account balances, you will still be able to call, send SMS and/or enjoy data services at the default rates for your prepaid plan.
  3. You  can renew or subscribe to another Enhanced Goody Bag when your current goodies have been exhausted.

If you have any questions, comments or corrections, please, do leave us a message and we will attend to it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Uncategorized

Comments (37)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Ariyibi says:

thank u 4 updating process.my question is should i used all my balances b4 120 days can i buy another gh immedeatly

2. godsfavourne says:

DO I HAVE TO USE UP THE MAIN N1000 BEFORE USING THE N1600 BONUS?

• admin says:

No, you don’t have to. Once you subscribe and receive your goodies, any MTN number you call or text will be charged to the bonus(1600) account until it finishes or it expires after 14 days. So, your main Goody Bag balance(N1,000) will not be charged for MTN calls until your bonus balance(N1,600) has been exhausted or 14 days have passed.

3. Kayode says:

To be sincere, this has saved me a lot on calls

4. lizzy says:

What of mid-night time, what’s the cost for on-net and off-net calls?

• admin says:

@Lizzy, I think the prevailing rates on your existing plan will apply. For instance, if you are on MTN Pulse and are qualified for free midnight calls, your midnight calls will still be free. I will still confirm this.

5. emmanuel says:

please is there any mb that will be given to us.because am in mtn true talk.will i move away from my normal mtn package.

6. Ogala Daniel says:

I am on super saver+ plan. I purchased goody bag 750 on 15/06/2014 but I am not enjoying the goodies. I am still being charged the old rate whlie my goodybag plan supposed to expire 14/10/2014. please explain.

• admin says:

Are you able to check your Goody Bag balances by dialling *559#? That is to confirm that your balances are intact. if that is so, you will need to call MTN Customer Care on 180 to rectify the issue. I haven’t got this complaint before.

7. Ovis says:

I am on SuperSaver plan and subscribed to the Enhanced Goody Plan on the 14th of July 2014(my friend gave me the code)and will expire Nov.11,2014.My SuperSaver balance is reading 0.52Naira.I just checked my Enhanced Goody Plan balance now and it read thus:Data bonus:0MB;GBag:0MB;NIMBUZZ:0MB;ESKIMI:0MB;EXTRA DATA:0MB;………MULTI:N797.10
    What does the MULTI stands for?
    Can I recharge normally on the Enhanced Goody Plan?I am thinking of recharging with 400NGN airtime today.

• admin says:

The MULTI gives you a total of your Goody Bag main and bonus balances. To get the individual balances, dial *559# not *559*3#.

You can only top up your Goody Bag when you have exhausted all your Goody Bag balances.

However, you can recharge your normal account as usual, say, for international calls, for instance.

8. ...ekondu says:

thanks for your post. its so enlighten. please if subscribe this package and i still have balance ….can i still load recharge card? and if i do what account would be charge when i make call? or i have some balance credit in myaccount after subscription what will happen to that credit balance in my account? will it be put on hold untill i exhausted the GB balnce?

• admin says:

Yes, you can still load recharge cards after subscribing to MTN Enhanced Goody Bag.
      Once you have Goody Bag balances, they will always be charged first, where applicable, before your main balances, even for data!
      And yes, your main account balances will be untouched as long as you still have applicable Goody Bag balances.

9. Auwal says:

Weldone but my problem is that, I’ve exhausted my account and want to buy another goodybag but it keep telling me that I cannot buy a new until the current one expire

• admin says:

If you encounter this error, it may be that you have not completely exhausted your Goody Bag balances. Check again, there may still be a few kobos left in your Goody Bag account.

10. Luchy says:

thanks for d info, was just introduced to dis goody bag plan. did d one of 1000, was told i will get 100,000 bonus. and was given this code to check d bonus *123*1*5*1*1*3# . pls can u help to confirm. cos if u dial dat code it will reply u have d 100k. but it does not reduce as u make calls.

11. Luchy says:

was also told d 100k is valid till june.. thanks

12. vin says:

What about the balance that says we have N100,000?

13. dominic says:

What is the prize of goody bag to all network in nigeria

14. kizito says:

I use to subscribe 1000 and i want subscribe again but it can’t

15. haladawa says:

I’m on mtn zone plan, please can buy the goody bag plan and the charge will remain 6n/minute? and what of biz plus will it support the goody bag plan with charges 6naira/minute or do I need to change the plan? because it happened when you are on biz plus & purchase goody bag plan, they used to charged 25naira for first minute and 6naira for the whole day and I need explanation please?

16. Dahiru says:

I try to subscrib my goddy bag as usual but it keep telling me that I entered an incomplete cammand.

17. Ibrahim magaji says: